Easy DIY Pet Bed in 10 mins!!
The above picture is actually from a McCalls pattern. I saw this picture on Pinterest and had a good look at it, sorted it out in my cluttered brain and then proceeded to make one pet bed complete with a top blanket…and I did it in about 15 mins for about $8.
I just know you wanna know how to do it…it is soooooo simple. So I am going to show you how to make a cheap and easy, no sew, pet bed.
- Grab yourself 2 contrasting coloured fleece blankets, I got mine for about $4 each.
- Lay them on top of each other on the lounge room floor, making sure you haven’t attracted the attention of pets, because they WILL try it out by sitting right in the MIDDLE of your material.
- Cut an appropriate sized circle…mine was about a metre across (3 feet) I just sketched mine with a black marker.
- Now cut fringes all around the fleece circle. Make sure they are about 4 cm (about 2 inches) wide and I cut about 10cm (4 inch) in towards the edge. Be sure to keep both pieces of material together, they pretty much stick together anyway, so I didn’t even pin them together.
- Now tie almost all of the fringes together, leave about ten untied.
- Find an old cheap pillow laying around and cut it open and stuff that stuff into the pet bed.
- Tie up the remaining fringes.
- I also added an extra bit of material on the top to act as a little blanket, cause it has been cold and I feel bad about them being cold. So, I cut a semi-circle from the left overs and gave it a fringe and tied that on too…I just have to lift up the little flap and Maat The Cat jumps on in.
Da daa, easy peasey! Seriously it is so very easy to make. This is something you could make with a very young child as well (supervision is essential, scissors: Ouchy mama).
I have also, previously, made a scarf with this tieing technique…so I suppose you could also make a reversible scarf with the two different colours tied together.
Anyway give it a shot and let us know how you did.
My pen died during the void of space, isn’t it always the way