Ham and Cheese Scrolls
It’s easy peasy my friends. Just takes a little time.
- Go and get some bread mix from the supermarket
- Follow instructions; after the first stage of rising lightly knead and roll out, about the thickness of a thick rectangular pizza base.
- Sprinkle with shredded ham and cheese all over and roll up
- Cut up into approx 3 cm (converts to 1.18 inches) bits
- Lay in a pan (I used a cake pan)
- Let the pan of goodness rise again
- Put a little extra ham and cheese on top and pop that awesome pan of buns in your oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) until it is the colour of the second photo (golden brown).
Variation: Salami and Cheese (this is the one I usually use)
Ham Cheese and Pineapple Any sort of pizza filling etc etc etc.
This is going in the family’s lunches tomorrow 🙂
Have a great night! Ruby Canoe xx
Just a little pile of cupcakes I am working on. This one should eventually make an appearance (after a bit more work) at the etsy shop when it is up and running.
Who wouldn’t love a pile of cupcakes?
Three photos from the latest January floods of Queensland. This is starting to become a regular thing. Note to self…make no plans for next January and maybe learn some canning/survival techniques from Pinterest.
The first day of school was cancelled yesterday and moved to today. Strange that my daughter was not in the least bit disappointed. We had decided last night that we would get up a little earlier and leave a little earlier. Sounds like a good plan. We leave early. So far so good. We round the first corner…military police directing traffic (we live near an air base). Ok, that was ok, now onto the highway, yay. And now we see why the MP’s were directing the traffic. My husband tells me the line of traffic went for about 5kms. Eeek! Went through town, turned around at flooded roads 5 times, sat in traffic for half an hour…blah blah blah, we get to school an hour later (which is actually only 10 kms away and takes 12 minutes usually)…rinse and repeat for the trip home. In summary we left for school at 7.20am and I got home at 9.55 am.
The one thing that stood out in my mind was…I should always pee before leaving home.
Clearly not a very good shot, (I’m not the photographer of the family) but I think it does get the point across.
This week we choose:
Driving home, the water is still very fast flowing but, it has gone down by about a metre.
So being as this is a creative blog and I illustrate then I suppose I have to get cracking and develop a few banners for the blog. My mission this week is to create a range of 5 or so banners.
I always find it so difficult to start a new project but as soon as the first one is penciled in I seem to have so many ideas pop into my head. This is usually the way in which I have developed my style, in other words, completely by accident. My son calls them happy accidents and I tend to agree. At least when I’m drawing I can rub them out, which sometimes is a disadvantage to the creative process. For instance; when I’m painting and I experience a “happy accident” I just go with the flow, in a direction that I had never intended to go. Most of the time it works and on the odd occasion it is just a big load of crap.
So off to create..Stay tuned for new banners.
Beautiful Koala (not a bear) Photo S.Jardine.
So I don’t have any cute little toddlers to take photos of; I have found it quite difficult to get an 18 year old and a 15 year old to participate in cute finger painting photos for my blog. Really? Yes Really.
And I don’t have an abnormally fantastic and shabby chic kinda house; one day I will and it will be very shabby and very chic, however, I can’t really picture my husband sleeping in a very shabby chic bedroom, but then again he will have his eyes closed. He’ll be fine. Happy wife happy life, he says.
And I don’t go on very original and bloggable holidays, (not including the trips to Mum and Dad’s farm in Tasmania) but I do have a bit of time on my hands and I will get to show you life in Brisbane, Queensland Australia and all the fantastic and weird and wonderful things we have.
Posts will include:
- Weekly illustrations
- Stories of dodging kangaroos on the way to pick up my daughter from school
- The weather, so much weather. Hot, cold, fires, floods and that was just this week!
- My terrible and incurable love (maybe it should be called a fetish?) for stationery.
- Art, art supplies, drawing, painting, doodling et cetera, et cetera, et cetera (and of course you have to say that in the voice of Yul Brynner)
- Top 10 Lists
- Movie reviews
- Recipes, just standard for most blog these days (blog standard maybe?) Not that there is anything wrong with that!
- My attempt at a Pinterest project or two and the fantastic results (some haven’t been that fantastic).
- And just some other funny and random stuff.
So stay tuned and please comment on as many things as you would like. I will reply to every email or post.